Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Fever

I don't know about anyone else, but the Fuquays have Winter Olympic fever and we've got it bad!  (or good, depending on how you look at it!)
In our American/Canadian household, we are having fun cheering for both teams (as least I am, not sure about Richard).  Watching the Canadian mogle skier win the first home gold the other night was spectacular!
Last night, we got together with friends for an Olympic/Fat Tuesday/Valentine's party, and Brooks and I decided we should go as team Canada (richard had to work).
Here is our yummy dessert!

and this morning, Brooks was still wearing his maple leaf shirt so we thought we should get some more pics.

Here is Brooks preparing for his first winter Olympic sport...standing in snow!
Our future Olympian!
(but not in luge, hockey, skeleton, or any dangerous winter olympic sport - we may have ruled them all out!)

2 comments:

Christy Parker said...

As a fellow person who has a bad case of Olympic Fever I LOVE this post! So fun! Alexandre the great - amazing performance on the mogels, such a great cover story about his brother, and how great was it to hear O Canada for the first time on home turf!!! GO TEAM USA! Go Team Canada! (note the capitol letters because unlike you I am not a dual citizen, so I have my priorities!!!)

Ashley Woods said...

Oh my gosh andrea, you're killing me with the canadian flag cake! I love you! for future reference though, you are an american citizen now :)